Oct 24, 2011

Review: The Hush Hush Series - By Becca Fitzpatrick

Summary
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
Review
I wish I could give this book 5 stars but I just can't. This book was entertaining of course but was it worthy of being called "amazing" or "awesome?" (Words I so often use in my 5 star reviews) Sadly no. I had a few peeves with this book and they never really seemed to get resolved. First off, there was Patch...I honestly tried to like you Patch...but you remind me too much of Jace from Mortal Instruments...and trust me you are no Jace! lol! I also found Nora a bit on the annoying side. She was almost always scared, always questioning, and I didn't like the fact that she was constantly hiding her thoughts from the world. Geez Nora just tell everyone what your thinking and maybe you won't get into so much trouble. Anyways that was my tiny rant about the characters. I did like the book. I will continue with the series. I just hope it gets better in the next one.
Summary
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.
Review
This book was a definite 5 stars all the way!!! Hell give it 10 stars! Talk about a thrill ride of a book. I kept reading and reading and wanting to read more. I just couldn't stop. I felt heartbreak for Nora, saddness for Patch, thrills from the adventure, surprise with each clever turn. It literally had me questioning the entire way though. Whats going on?? WHY!!!! lol! I loved this book. By far one of the best books i've read in a while. Wow!!! I can already feel the suffereing ache in my heart as I wait for the next book. October 2011? Really!!!! Thats just so far....*sigh*... I guess all I can do is wait patiently..or maybe not so patiently. Lol!

 
Summary
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
Review
After reading Crescendo over a year ago, There was only one thing on my mind. When is Silence coming out and how soon can I read it!!! Now that I've waited months days and hours... what did I think of it? One word.... *sigh*. I wish I could give this a better rating. With all my heart I wish I were screaming from the rooftops saying... THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!! But I'm not. Because this book just didn't do it for me. A small part of wants to rant and scream and stomp my feet like a child that didn't get the candy she wanted but another small part of me that loves the author and this series won't let me do that. Instead I'll just say.... I wanted more! I NEEDED more! In my opinion it felt like a little bit of a repeater to me. I kept getting that feeling... haven't we been here before... with the questioning... and who's this mysterious guy... and so on. Kinda felt like there was enough of that in hush hush and I didn't really like that in Hush Hush. Same old Nora! Geez Nora! Show a little growth! Add that to the lack of Patch... My refusal to call him Jev... and the ending that felt sorta rushed. Well.... I've gotta go with 3 stars. Hush Hush was a 4 star... Crescendo was an AMAZING 5 star... and Silence... *sigh*... I just wish it had been better

I'm still a big fan of this series and absolutely love the author! Can't wait to see what else she comes up with next!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this review. The covers are so awesome I was wondering if they were as good as they looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard too many bad things about Patch to try this series. I LOVE the covers, though, especially that cover of Silence. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look for cartier replica angled edges and a signature advance lock cease on the foreground of the bag. This is adumbration that the bag is a "Jackie" appearance purse and accordingly fabricated in the 1950s. This purse was called afterwards Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Some of these accoutrements aswell acquire cowhide coverings. The "New Jackie" is a archetypal appear in the 21st century. It appearance the gucci replica aforementioned appearance and signature advance lock as the aboriginal "Jackie." It aswell appearance tassels and the Gucci book or solid leather. Look at the lining of the bag. Prada accoutrements will acceptable be lined in the signature Prada bolt with the Prada name printed on it. The bolt is absolute abutting in blush to the alfresco of the bag. Expect affidavit of authenticity. If affairs an accurate Prada handbag, it comes with a artificial agenda that lists advice such as the name of louis vuitton replica model. A cardboard affidavit aswell comes that has even added detail and a bar code. Find a metal applique in the autogenous of the bag. It is absorbed to the lining of the bag, and should be durably absorbed on all sides. Already again, the blush of the applique is absolute abutting to the blush of the bag. The applique book is in either gold or silver, and should bout the logo and accouterments of the louis vuitton replica. Inspect the bag's label. Replica Coach purses generally accept misspellings or typos on the labels. On accurate bags, the characterization will consistently affection clear, analogously spaced argument that is chargeless of errors. Study the bag's material. Coach accoutrements are fabricated from high-quality, abiding materials. If the bag's absolute seems to be flimsy, bargain or ever stiff, it is not acceptable a absolute Coach purse. Compare any monogramming on the bag to an commodity you apperceive is genuine. Slight differences in color, impression, adjustment or actualization of the cipher are a admonition assurance of an actor purse. The monogramming should be counterbalanced and will band up at the seams because 18-carat artist handbags are cut from one ample area of fendi outlet leather. Carefully audit the bond on the handbag. The bag should be stitched with top superior thread. It should be analogously stitched and there are usually a assertive bulk of stitches per inch.

    ReplyDelete