Jan 5, 2012

This book deserves 5 stars and so much more! Review: Shattered Souls by @MaryLindsey


Summary

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.
Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon 
Review
Have you ever read a book that's gotten to you so closely, your heart literally ached while you read it. If you ask me, those are the best kind!! Shattered Souls is definitely one of those books!! Books like this are the reason I read!! There's only one word I can think of that could possibly describe it's characters.. Enchanting. I admired everything about Lenzi! That girls a fighter for sure and I was with her every step of the way as she struggled with a past she couldn't remember, new found "friends" she was obligated to help, and a heart that was practically ripped in two and sewn back up again! "There's hope until the last second!"... Yup that quotes gonna stick with me for sure! But she couldn't do it alone! I've just got to mention Alden! Sweet, passionate, determined, strong, I could gush about him for days!!! He was an absolutely unforgettable character, and a definite addition to my favorite fictional heart throb list! I really do believe I will reread this book over and over again just because of him! These characters have a way of digging into your heart and staying there. I felt their story along with them, cried when they struggled, cried more when they succeeded, and altogether smiled like a goofball till the very end! That ending!! OMG it's beautiful!! This entire book... simply beautiful! We've got this entirely unique story, these unbelievably brilliant characters, and an ending that leaves you both content and hungry for more!!! Shattered Souls is definitely worthy of my best rating! 5 stars for me! This book deserves that and so much more!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Omggg I'm so glad to hear this is a good one! I got it for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to reading it :) Great review, I definitely understand what you mean when you say it made your heart hurt! That's what Under the Never Sky did to me!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic! Definitely need to grab this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sitting in my TBR pile and yippie your review has me so excited to get through my ARC's and read it !

    ReplyDelete