Mar 9, 2012

A special "It's my Birthday" follow friday! :)

Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers.
Our Wonderful Hosts 
Parajunkiee's View & Alison Can Read

This Week's Question
Have you ever looked at a book’s cover and thought, This is going to be horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised?
Show us the cover and tell us about the book.
My Answer
Im sure this book might be mentioned alot today but believe me I have my reasons for suggesting this one. I've gotta go with The Hunger Games.
This book was the absolute FIRST book I read after Twilight. Yes the twilight series sorta started my reading obsession. But The Hunger Games sealed the deal for me. Not an easy choice believe me. Honestly.. I'm still not much of a fan of the cover lol! I read this book back in 2009. I was extremely new to the book reading world. I literally googled the phrase "books to read after reading twilight" and this book came out the most in the search results.When I finally got to the book store to buy it... I had to look at it for a while.. totally not sold on the plain black cover with a bird on it.. put it back on the shelf... picked it back up again.. put it back... then finally bought it! It was a tough choice at the time. One that I'm truly grateful I made! I've been obsessed with reading ever since! And a complete diehard fan of The Hunger Games! Thank you Hunger Games! You changed my life! :)

Also...

It's my birthday today guys!!!
 I won't really go into details about age.. That's not really important lol! ;)

Hope everyone has a great friday!
Happy Reading!

17 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games was my choice for this week's FF too. Nothing really grabbed my attention with this cover at first glance. Now though, I'm so glad I read this book.

    Happy Birthday!!!!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL This happened to me. In fact I only picked up the books when Mockingjay came out. I remember stalking the aisles of my local Borders and I heard a group of teens talking about the books. After reading the back cover, I bought the first book that same day. Two days later I was back, to get the other two! lol I do like the covers now that I see the significance behind them.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday, Amanda! I hope you're going to have a wonderful day with great weather (over here in Germany it's quite fine just in case you're wondering :D), awesome people around you and lots of amazing (bookish) presents!

    I have to say that I didn't think The Hunger Games was going to be a bad book, but I saw the German cover first actually. Do you think your idea of it would have be different with that one? I'm just curious - you can take a look at it at Amazon Germany.

    Hope you're going to have an awesome day and a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I have yet to read The Hunger Games and am planning to soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birhtday
    may your dreams become trues

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!

    I loved The Hunger Games and I think I like the cover, although I like the poster for the movie more. I think there's a book version out with the burning mockingjay pin as the cover. I might like that more :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I didn't even think of The Hunger Games cover. Probably because I STILL haven't read the books. Don't worry, I will be!

    And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! *Gives cake and sings happy birthday to you off key and really loud* Hope you have an awesome day hon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!!
    I must say I kind of like the HUNGER GAMES cover but I can see why some people wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing a lot of the Hunger Games!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a totally awesome, totally GREAT day!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Yeah, Hunger Games. It's kind of funny when the whole world seems to discover something that we've all known about for years.

    Never thought of the cover as unappealing, but it is sort of ... stark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, happy birthday! I'm glad you decided to buy it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!!

    Hunger Games was the first book I read after Twilight too. In Australia we had a different cover with Katniss and HG but it looked like a swaz sticker ( however you spell that symbol).

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday ! I don't like the Hunger Games cover that much either

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday dear!!!

    My birthday was on February 24th which was a Follow Friday as well! I turned 22. It's so weird. There was this girl I used to watch when I was younger and she's 15 now!! O.o I feel old.

    ReplyDelete