Mar 27, 2012

It's New Release Tuesday!! Check out what I'm buying today! (3)

We've got a few awesome releases today!! But there's only 2 books on my list that I've just gotta have!!

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Here's A Quick Summary
Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone.

Why I'm buying this book
Part 1 (The Goddess Test) was such a great read I just had to keep going with this series. The first book made a fan out of me and I'm pretty sure the next book will seal the deal! I'm an Aimee Carter fan for sure!

Spellcaster by Cara Lyn Shultz
Here's A Quick Summary
After breaking a centuries-old romantic curse, Emma Connor is (almost) glad to get back to normal problems. Although…it's not easy dealing with the jealous cliques and gossip that rule her exclusive Upper East Side prep, even for a seventeen-year-old newbie witch. Having the most-wanted boy in school as her eternal soul mate sure helps ease the pain—especially since wealthy, rocker-hot Brendan Salinger is very good at staying irresistibly close….

But something dark and hungry is using Emma's and Brendan's deepest fears to reveal damaging secrets and destroy their trust in each other. And Emma's crash course in überspells may not be enough to keep them safe…or to stop an inhuman force bent on making their unsuspected power its own.

Why I'm buying this book
Although I haven't read Spellbound (Part 1) yet, It's currently sitting very high on my TBR. What better than to have part 2 waiting to be read right after finishing part 1!

What are you buying today??

4 comments:

  1. I am going to be reading Goddess Interrupted after I finish The Immortal Rules and Masque of the Red Death. I had started it, but the other two books were so tempting lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...I laughed about book one being in your TBR pile. I have whole series..like books one through 5..of some books in my tbr pile *hangs head in shame* although i am proud to say..in April I will be all caught up with one of them...Mercy Thompson series by Patrica Briggs. Then I will systematically work my way through the other series hiding in my pile...LOL I have The Goddess Test and goddess Interrupted on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started either of these series...I'm SO behind on my fun reading! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have them both as arc's. Read Godddess Interrupted and liked it. Need to read Spellcaster though. :)

    ReplyDelete