Aug 30, 2012

It's time for the ever important question.... What's next????



I missed this meme last week and actually ended up needing it the next day. Finished a book. Had no idea what to read next. Thought to self... I should have done a "What's Next" post!!! No missing it this week though!

Here are my options for what to read next

Rift: A Nightshade Novel by Andrea Cremer
Summary
Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!

Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.


With action, adventure, magic, and tantalizing sensuality, this book is as fast-paced and breathtaking as the Nightshade novels.


The Way We Fall - By Megan Crewe
Summary
It starts with an itch you just can’t shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you’ll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.

And then you’re dead.


When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.


Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.


Because how will she go on if there isn’t?


Something Strange and Deadly - By Susan Dennard
Summary
The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—


The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.


And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.


Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.

 
My Thoughts
I absolutely loved the Nightshade Trilogy and have been dieing to get my hands on Rift. Now that I've got it.. I'm torn between reading it next or holding out a bit. No need to rush lol! I've heard pretty AMAZING things about Something Strange and Deadly, so that one definitely sits at the top of my interest pile. But "The Way We Fall" has been calling to me for weeks. READ ME!!!!! 
I don't know which to pick?
A little help guys? 
:)

18 comments:

  1. I'd pick The Way We Fall - it's been on my to read list for ages!

    Here's my What's Next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books to choose from, still haven't read any of them, I haven't read the Nightshade Trilogy, too, so I decided to vote for The Way We Fall.

    Thanks for voting on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something Strange and Deadly definitely....

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3721

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for The Way We Fall. Thanks for stopping be mine.

    -Brittan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something Strange and Deadly! Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote goes to Rift, I have seen a lot of really great reviews on it, I haven't read the Nightshade books yet but, I am hoping to get to reading Rift soon!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go for Rift; especially if you really want to read it. Happy reading what ever you decide. :)

    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something Strange and Deadly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something Strange and Deadly! Rift was just okay for me, but SSaD sounds awesome and has been getting so many great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not read any of these, but Something Strange sounds the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely Rift. I can't wait to add it to my collection. I really enjoyed the Nightshade series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh Amanda you must pick up Something Strange and Deadly! Heard so many great reviews!

    Here's mine: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2012/08/whats-next-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Rift is what I would choose. Happy reading..

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Rift! I still need to read Bloodrose *gasp*, but I love the series. Can't wait to read The Rift myself. I hope you pick soon =D It's hard choosing through huge piles ><

    ReplyDelete
  15. What did you decide... I would say something strange and deadly cause I judge books by their covers and like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strange and Deadly....can't wait to add it to my collection

    ReplyDelete